Friday 20 July 2012


The Manila Diaries

Experiential Learning

20 July 2012

79 degrees Fahrenheit, scattered thunder storms, Humidity 90%

I am pleased to report that notwithstanding a number of formalities I hope to soon be joining the faculty of the Asian Institute of Management www.AIM.edu  during my stay in Manila.  My responsibilities will include delivering corporate programmes to a range of AIM clients as well as delivering inputs into degree programmes such as MBA and Masters in Management programmes.  I will also have the opportunity to undertake some collaborative research and write this up for publication.  In addition, part of my time will be promoting joint consultancy opportunities between AIM clients and Level Seven’s portfolio of services.

Level Seven’s leadership and talent development programme, Putting Your Talent to Work is based on the notion that experiential learning is an effective way for adults to learn.  I have the opportunity to engage in this methodology first hand when joining AIM as I believe I will learn more about myself, culture and management and leadership style experientially through taking up this post with AIM than merely sitting on the sidelines of expat life.

I anticipate a start date in early August and so am using this time to expand my social network, learn how to play mah-jong, as well as indulge in some thinking about possible research ideas and workshops.  All positive activities.

Weather is still variable.  We had a tremendous storm last Friday and I have heard murmurings today of a typhoon about to strike!

Signing off for now

Our Correspondent in Manila


No comments:

Post a Comment