Friday 1 June 2012


The Manila Diaries

Having a purpose

86 degrees Fahrenheit, Scattered thunderstorms, Humidity 82%

I have spent this week setting myself small objectives, all with a common purpose, either to achieve something around the domestic or personal side of things or to think of some ideas that will contribute to Level Seven’s presence here in Manila.  I have always found a way to self-motivate has been to think about the word ‘Purpose’ and how it can help me to  focus. 

Regrettably I have not made much progress on the business front.  I am waiting for a number of things to happen (or am I just procrastinating?)  such as the Broadband to be installed and membership information from the Chamber of Commerce which in my mind will mean I have a focus and purpose for communication.  I do, however, feel as though we area starting up a new business and all the challenges that go with it.  The one advantage I have on my side though is experience in that I can recall what it was like setting up Level Seven years ago and how enthusiasm and optimism carried us through many an unsettling time.

Networking will play an even bigger role in getting to know people and how specific business practices work here.  So, I am currently formulating an idea that will help to position Level Seven generally so that individuals and organisations can understand what we have to offer.  I will relate more on that when I have a firmer view on things.

Lastly, the Manila Women’s Association coffee morning enabled me to learn about life in Manila and to find a useful source of helpful information.

Of course, I cannot sign off without commenting on the weather.  The rainy season is just around the corner, we’ve had a couple of real downpours and I can only imagine what it will be like when the rain is more plentiful.  On the plus side though, it does get cooler after the rain!

Signing off for now

Our Correspondent in Manila


No comments:

Post a Comment